Wednesday, October 5, 2011

BP3_BOLT: A More Interesting Way to Share

Here is the other assignment that went to the old Blog site...I am happy to share this with you here now!  BOLT is a really cool tool...be sure to check it out!





In searching through various Web 2.0 tools, I came across a great program called BOLT that I want to tell you about. And, the good news is, this is an extremely simple program to use! If you currently have a website, when you sign up for BOLT, it allows you to make a copy of your website and then make changes on that page that you may share with your online community, post to social networking sites, etc. You can rearrange your photos change words, headlines, etc. You need no html or web design skills to utilize this tool. This tool allows you to add comments to pages and make your pages even more suited to the audience you intend to share it with. For educators, this is a way you can add comments, move things on pages, and integrate information you want to teach students. It is also a tool that students may easily utilize to add their own creativity, comments, and photos to websites. As an educator, you might design a website especially for this purpose, giving students a basic design to begin with and allowing their creativity to take over from there.

Here are some of the things you may do with BOLT:





For me, this will be a great tool to personalize websites and sales pages that I make to specific audiences. It will allow me the opportunity to very easily personalize my websites to talk to the people I am sharing it with. This program is so simple to use.
For example, in just a few minutes, I was able to copy a picture of my current website, www.HeartWealthCreation.com into BOLT. Here is what the website looks like. Notice the wording in the first line that starts with "Donna, I am ready...




With the tools in BOLT, I was very easily able to personalize this to direct it to my Full Sail University classmates. Notice the first line now that reads: Hello Full Sail University classmates:





This opens up a world of possibilities and the best part is, this program is so simple to use.
I encourage you to check it out. Choose a website to copy and to get creative with. This copy does not affect the original website or change any of your copy or code on your original website.

I'd love to hear from you as to how your experiments in BOLT went and also to hear how you might utilize this in your profession.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Donna,

    I like the way you used the web tool BOLT. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious about BOLT. I don't fully inderstand why you need to share what your doing, unless it's an assignment for our class? At any rate I am curious, and I like the idea of sharing info. for feedback.
    Tessa Perlman - EMDT - ETC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this site sound really interesting. Does it allow you to make changes and then upload it as a new website?

    ReplyDelete