Saturday, October 8, 2011

PE_3 iMovie11

Well, I have worked on a video. Since I did not yet have the video camera in hand, I decided to re-work a video I had started earlier on and wanted to upgrade and make better. It gave me a chance to work with some of the new tools and to complete a project I had begun.  It's exciting to be learning all the ins and outs of working in iMovie. If all goes well, you should be able to view the video on Vimeo at about 7 PM tonight..It's been uploaded but now waiting in line to come on board. The link to the video is:
http://vimeo.com/30245546

This is a video of photographs I took put together with a song I wrote and recorded with my musical partner Scott Cheney who lives in northern Vermont.  I also brought in voices of all ages for this project. It was so uplifting and such a joy to watch everyone's face light up as they got to sing and be recorded on this song.  Okay, Okay so I did go well over the 1 minute movie we were to put together...but this was a project I wanted to complete and made sense to work on this. And I love sharing this project and song with you!

Here's a screenshot of my working on the project in iMovie:



Some of the features of iMovie11 that I like:

*The ability to have more control over levels of audio
*the green screen effect
*all of the trim and clip features
*various effects
*movie trailer option

I recommend iMovie11 to anyone that wishes to learn how to edit video in a fairly straightforward simple program. Lynda.com definitely teaches how to navigate within this program in well described step-by-step processes.

Alright..that's it for now..signing out at 6:35 but I will check back in a half hour or so to be sure you are able to view the video at that link---and hopefully, all is well with it and it came through properly:-0 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment