Saturday, October 15, 2011

PE5 FreeConferencing.com

I spent some time learning more about freeconference.com and signed up.  The basic program looks pretty straightforward and provides complete instructions and support.  You can see the list of commands in the screenshot below:

This company offers a variety of services, and I realized the service that made more sense to me is called free conferencing.com.  This is the program that offers me the web control feature, as well as recording and the ability to have more callers on the line. The basic program also offers the recording feature. You can choose the service that best fits your needs.  These are great services for teaching virtual workshops and classes, holding teleconferences and meetings with people from anywhere in the world that have the proper internet connection.  As you an see in the screenshot below, there are many options to choose from.


In reviewing all of the options, I decided free conferencing.com made the most sense for me. 


Free Conferencing allows me to see a conference view to know who is on the line. It provides a history of all conference calls I have held and also gives the option to record the call. This is an important feature for a number of reasons. First, this will allow me to listen back serving as an evaluation tool. I will be able to determine what worked well, what didn't flow so well and why and continue to improve upon my presentation for future calls. It also is important so that I can share the recording with those who were on it that may wish to take more notes or re-listen. And, in my business, I will be able to offer the recording to those that are interested in the topic, but were unable to meet at the prescribed time.
Freeconferencing also offers the option for screen sharing so that messages may be typed online to be shared with participants.

I was able to set up a practice run for myself to call in and play with the settings. This week, on Thursday morning, I will have the 'real time' teleconference with a small group of participants who will then provide me feedback so that I may evaluate the effectiveness of the presentation. This will provide me with the opportunity to  'practice' hosting a teleconference call before I promote a free call online that will offer valuable content to my target audience and promote the products and services I am offering online.






No comments:

Post a Comment