Friday, October 7, 2011

PE1_iMovie

I've been working through Lynda.com's iMovie11 training videos. I have worked some with iMovie in the past, but only knew a few basics and did not know all of the features. The new features in iMovie 11 are great! I love the new ways to add background music, for instance and has been great to learn about the sound effects in iMovie as well as such things as learning how to clip and trim footage and about various effects that may be added to my movie. I never knew about using green screen effects before (see sample of this in the screen shot below from iMovie11 that demonstrates this) and how when you film yourself in front of a green wall you can then use the green screen effect to put yourself into any setting.  In this screenshot you see how the instructor has placed his photo that was actually taken in front of a green wall into movie footage that makes it look like he is standing in front of the trees.



I look forward to working more with iMovie and to creating my short video.

No comments:

Post a Comment